Saturday, October 29, 2011

Grass Clippings 2006-2008 Part 2

A teacup voice
A voice so small it fits in a teacup
A voice so small it barely peers over the rim of a teacup

Sleep and I have always had an off again on again relationship, but I think we finally broke up.

Most of us think that we are going to live forever. Not forever as in an infinite amount of time, but our forever. As though, after we do everything that needs to be done, we will die. But until then, we’ve got time.

I’ll be waiting for you over the Rainbow.
Sucking on lemon drops
And flying with blue birds.

Something as soft as a kiss can break a heart.

Time, what’s your hurry?
Why fly so fast?
Slow down.
Take my hand.
It’s a beautiful world.

I want to affect people how I am affected. I want to make them dream, think, grow, laugh, cry, remember, smile, and fly. I want to take them away and bring them back changed. I want to act, write, direct, and teach theatre. I want to roll in it laughing like a kid in fall leaves.

The ocean is a seductress.
The ocean makes me feel invincible.

If I can’t have you, I can
Live in your laugh
Live in the freckles on your nose
Live in your hug
Live in the arch of your brows
Live in your eyes
Live in the lick of your lips
Live in your voice
Live in your hands
Live in your lashes
Living in you
You living in me, in my mind, in the tingles on my skin.

Do all books want to be read? Are some coy? Do they blush scarlet when opened wide, baring their innermost to a stranger’s hungry eyes? Do they giggle as a finger wanders their spine? Do they get grouchy and annoyed when opened late into the night? Does their vanity get insulted when pens scratch their pages and corners crease for a reader’s remembrance? Do they gag ink when tumbling inside a cramped satchel?
City Lights Bookstore. San Francisco, CA. 2008.    

1 comment:

  1. crass clippings 06-09 made a difference in my life. you have affected me and inspired me. you must continue writing.
    zach

    ReplyDelete